Ksenia Afanasyeva, Yulia Berger, Kristina Goryunova and Ksenia Semyonova will represent Russia at the upcoming European Championships in Milan.
Afanasyeva, Goryunova and Semyonova will perform all four events in qualification, and Berger will compete vault and floor exercise, women's head coach Alexander Alexandrov said Thursday at the Russian Championships in Bryansk.
Team alternates are Yekaterina Kurbatova and Anna Myzdrikova.
The European Championships will be held April 2-5 in Milan. The competition will be for senior individual all-around and apparatus titles for male and female gymnasts.
In Bryansk, Semyonova finished second all-around Tuesday behind 14-year-old champion Aliya Mustafina. Another 14 year old, Tatiana Nabiyeva, finished third.
"It was my first competition as head coach of the women's national team, and as a whole, I am still happy with what I've seen," Alexandrov said. "Ksyusha Semyonova and Ksyusha Afanasyeva, despite illness and injury, tried very hard, worked very hard and competed normally. Afanasyeva was not on the podium following the all-around final only because of sickness that came on right before the final. I'm also very happy that we have new, young gymnasts, one of whom, Aliya Mustafina, even won the Russian all-around title. The trouble is that this year girls of that age cannot compete at senior international competitions."
Moscow won the women's team competition Thursday in Bryansk. The Central Region won the men's team Wednesday.
Competition continues Friday and Saturday in Bryansk with the individual event finals.
2009 Russian Championships
March 10-11, Bryansk
1. Central Region (Dmitry Barkalov, Timur Kuzmin, Anton Neudakin, Alexander Kalabin, Sergei Khorokhordin, Yuri Ryazanov) 262.400
2. Siberia (Andrei Cherkasov, Maxim Devyatovsky, Anton Golotsutskov, Nikita Ignatyev, Konstantin Pluzhnikov) 256.800
3. Moscow (Mikhail Bodnar, Emin Garibov, Dmitry Gogotov, Vladimir Olennikov, Dmitry Stolyarov, Dmitry Yakubovsky) 254.225
1. Moscow (Yulia Berger, Maria Chibiskova, Aliya Mustafina, Anna Myzdrikova, Yelena Syrnikova, Yelena Zamolodchikova) 170.050
2. Central Region (Ksenia Afanasyeva, Anastasia Cherepnina, Daria Goncharova, Yevgenia Klimova, Tamara Kokhadze, Ksenia Semyonova) 169.100
3. Saint Petersburg (Olga Alexeyeva, Yekaterina Krylova, Tatiana Nabiyeva, Alina Rybalova, Diana Sapronova, Irina Sazonova) 161.400